THINK SAFETY – THINK GREEN – THINK LARZEP
Essential Safety Requirements
– Place the equipment on a flat and solid area. Define stable zones for applying the load and safety zones for operators, separating them through the use of hoses of enough length. Use our base plates if necessary.
– Secure the load mechanically once the movement has been completed and avoid operating underneath them.
– Center the load in the cylinder. Use the entire cylinder’s useful support surface, both on the head and on the base. Use tilting saddles under side loads.
– Do not expose the equipment to intense heat sources (welding), nor to temperatures above 65°C.
– Remove loads before carrying out maintenance operations and always work in clean, well-lit areas.
– Include control elements (pressure gauges) in the installation in order to enable the operator to monitor the pressure in the system and ensure that the equipment’s nominal capacity is never exceeded. Be prepared to use safety valves and accessories if safety criteria demand it.
– The cylinder controls should be activated manually, as should the connections between elements equipped with couplers.
– Once you have finished using the device, check that it has not been damaged, clean it and protect it ready for storage. If there are worn or damaged pieces, replace them with new ones.
– Clean the couplers before connecting and ensure the connections are perfect (first insert as far as the coupler will go and then screw it by hand). A bad connection may result in improper functioning and may even generate a safety hazard.
– Install the device in such a way as to ensure that the hoses are not subjected to sharp or forced bends or thrust actions that may cause them to break. Never disconnect the hoses when the system is pressurized.
– The correct union of a pump to a cylinder via a hydraulic hose constitutes a machine designed for lifting, pulling, folding and retaining operations, etc., that, due to its high thrust capacity requires safe use in order to avoid accident risk.
– Carefully read and understand the instruction manual and practice using the equipment before application.
– Choose the most suitable model for the application from the wide range available, and make sure that it will not exceed 80% of its nominal capacity and stroke during normal operation.
– Use protective goggles for eye protection.
– Use safety shoes for feet protection.
– Use protective gloves for hand protection.
– Do not modify the device (welded parts, lengthening drive levers, etc.).
– Do not use the hoses for transporting the device. Use the handles on the cylinders (when appropriate) and set the pump lever to the transport position.
– When filling the pump with oil, use always Larzep Hydraulic Oil. Fill only to the indicated level and remember that the cylinder piston should be retracted.
– Before using a pump from other manufacturer, contact Larzep’s Technical Department. Otherwise, Larzep will not be liable for any damage that may arise.
– Before starting operation, check that the installation is correct, the operator position is safe and the working zone is out of bounds to all personnel.
– In all cases, the operator should have received adequate training regarding the handling of the device and logical safety criteria associated with the movement of heavy loads.
– Never exceed the maximum working pressure of the cylinder. Ensure that all the equipment and accessories are suitable for the maximum working pressure.